County Service Area 9: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- This polygon shapefile depicts the boundary for County Service Area 9 in the County of Santa Cruz, California representing the Residential Lighting District. In unincorporated areas, basic services like water, sewer, police and fire protection are provided by the County. Because Counties often consist of large and diverse geographical areas, providing a consistent and adequate service level across all areas can be difficult. Residents of urban communities may want more services than those residing in rural areas. The County Service Area Law (Government Code §25210.1 et seq.) was created in the 1950’s to provide a means of providing expanded tailored service levels in areas where residents are willing to pay for the extra service. When a County Service Area exists, property owners will pay taxes and fees to the county service area instead of the county for the services provided. The County Service Area 9 boundary can be annexed/detached at the direction of the Santa Cruz County Public Works Department. Unlike other County Service Areas, annexations/detachments to this District do not have to be reviewed by Local Agency Formation Commission or State Board of Equalization unless the annexation/detachment bisects an existing Tax Code Area. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California.
- The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
|Type of resource
|cartographic, software, multimedia
|Santa Cruz, California, US
|County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
|Scale not given. ; EPSG::2227 W 122°19ʹ10ʺ--W 121°34ʹ53ʺ/N 37°17ʹ34ʺ--N 36°50ʹ32ʺW 122°19ʹ2ʺ--W 121°34ʹ56ʺ/N 37°17ʹ10ʺ--N 36°50ʹ56ʺ, Scale not given ; EPSG::4326
|Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
|GIS Layer Number = 7S/CSA9A = Zones of Benefit which are defined by Tax Code Area. CSA9B =School Crossing Guard, defined by the Live Oak Elementary School District boundary. CSA9C=Refuse Disposal, defined by the entire county, minus the cities of Santa Cruz, Capitola and Watsonville (this CSA includes the City of Scotts Valley). CSA9D-1 =Sub-Zone 1, defined by Assessors Map Books 57-67, 70-94. CSA9D-2 =Sub-Zone 2, defined by Assessors Map Books 25-33, 37-45, 53-54, 56, 68, 95-105. CSA9D-3 = Sub-Zone 3, defined by Assessors Map Books 46-52, 106-110. This layer is adjusted to Assessors' parcel boundary alignment.County Service Area 9 includes the following boundaries: 9 = Safety Service Area , CSA-9A = Residential Lighting attribute: CSA-9A 9B = School Crossing Guard. This layer is aligned to Assessors Parcel Maintenance
|These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied.
|This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
- Preferred citation
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). County Service Area 9: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/yx478yv2462.
Santa Cruz County, California GIS Maps & DataView other items in this collection in SearchWorks
Also listed in
Loading usage metrics...