Public Lands Survey System, Section Level, 2011
- This polygon dataset represents the Public Land Survey System data at the section level.
- This layer can be used to identify section level mapping of land ownership in the United States. This dataset is intended to assist users in locating and analyzing United States oil and gas field data and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data.
|Type of resource
|cartographic, software, multimedia
|San Diego, California, US
|Hart Energy Publishing
|Scale not given. ; EPSG::4269 W 178°17ʹ9ʺ--W 80°1ʹ53ʺ/N 71°28ʹ6ʺ--N 25°8ʹ18ʺ, Scale not given ; EPSG::4326
|Rextag Strategies (Firm)
|Planning and Cadastral
All lands in the public domain are subject to subdivision by a rectangular system of surveys called the Public Land Survey System (PLSS), established and regulated by the Bureau of Land Management. The original public domain includes the land ceded to the Federal Government by the Thirteen Original States, supplemented with acquisitions from native Indians and foreign powers. It encompasses major portions of the land area of 30 western States.
|This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Use and reproduction
- These data are licensed by Stanford Libraries and are available to Stanford University affiliates only. Affiliates are limited to current faculty, staff and students. Non affiliates seeking access should contact the publisher directly. These data may not be reproduced or used for any purpose without permission.
- Copyright ownership resides with the originator.
- Preferred citation
- Rextag Strategies. (2012) Public Lands Survey System, Section Level, 2011. Hart Energy Publishing.
Oil and gas wells GIS data : United StatesView other items in this collection in SearchWorks
Also listed in
Loading usage metrics...